Friday 13 February 2015

Each foot of coastline contains five bags of plastic

This is a satirical response to a report in today's Telegraph (LINK) about the amount of plastic polluting the Earth's oceans. The comment I posted in the Telegraph was rather spoiled by the moderation, so I'm posting an unmoderated version of it here:

Why such a negative attitude?

Surely, all this waste in our oceans is an indicator of wealth creation, economic growth and PROGRESS.

And besides, the planet is OUR property and if we choose to trash it, that's our business and no one else's.

I'm sick of all these environmental freaks who want to "save the planet" for future generations, telling us what we should and shouldn't do.

What have future generations ever done for us? Bugger all! So bugger them is what I say . . . !!

I shall continue screwing the planet to my hearts content - because I'm worth it. And I don't give a shit about the future. Why should I? I'll be dead and gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment